With experience working in early-stage venture-backed technology start-ups and publicly-traded companies in the software, Internet services, online media and telecom sectors, Peter brings an integrated approach to his role in advising MaRS clients. He is also an angel investor and board member with numerous start-ups and has been an active speaker at technology and marketing conferences throughout North America and Europe.
“For me, the best part of working with entrepreneurs is when you can bring the patterns you have learned working across so many sectors and market stages to help put a company’s strategy and business model in context—in a way they can quickly understand and which reaps immediate benefit.”
- Riverdale Partners, Founder
- FloNetwork (acquired by DoubleClick), VP Marketing
- PlateSpin, VP Marketing
- Toronto Venture Group, Board Member
- BCE, Associate Director Product Management, Bell Canada
- Queen’s University, MBA
Articles by Peter Evans
- On trends, turkeys and cowbells: Some marketing lessons learned in CIBC Presents Entrepreneurship 101
- Around a world of gadgets and gizmos in 4 Days: Kicking off another decade of innovation at CES 2010
- Got tech? It's time to take your product on the road
- Flying cars, part two: Is this what buyers really want?
- Want to be successful in the Dragon’s Den? Bring a customer along!
- Best in Show: Octopz takes one home to MaRS at Canadian Innovation Exchange
- First we take Boston… then we take Berlin
- Incredible India: Looking beyond a flat world
- After 38-year journey, the "Big Blue" machine acquires Cognos
- Overlap "unconference" finds elusive balance