Usha Srinivasan leads a team dedicated to nurturing the talents of Ontario entrepreneurs through a range of diverse programs, including the Business Acceleration Program, Data Catalyst and Studio Y. Together, they provide advisory services and leadership training, connect entrepreneurs with program funding, help leverage open data, and work to make online and onsite educational content accessible through Regional Innovation Centres across the province, including MaRS.
Usha also leads the market intelligence team, which provides valuable, industry-specific, timely market research intelligence to entrepreneurs across Ontario.
Prior to joining MaRS, she worked at Frost & Sullivan, a leading global market research and consulting company. She has a technical and industry background in the water, environment and building technologies space, having worked with global clients such as GE, Siemens, Veolia, American Water, IBM, Honeywell and Brita.
She holds a BSc in Microbiology from the University of Bristol and a PhD in Environmental Sciences from the University of Abertay in Dundee, Scotland. She is an NRC fellow and has completed post-doctoral research work at the US Environmental Protection Agency, the University of New Brunswick and the Northern Research Institute/Department of Forestry in the Yukon.
Articles by Usha Srinivasan
- The innovators of 2025: Unilever under the microscope
- Which companies will be the “innovators” of 2025?
- Highlights from the Second Annual Canadian Water Summit
- The future of water: Ontario and beyond
- Needles in a haystack: Finding insights in a plethora of information
- Can entrepreneurship be instilled in young minds?
- Human behavior on the Go
- Entrepreneurship and the "third eye" of Shiva