Posted: August 15, 2013
Job Title: Associate Engineer
Company Name: Hydrostor Inc
Position Type: Contract
Location: ON - Metro Toronto
Application Deadline: 2013-08-30
- Hydrostor Inc is a venture-backed renewable energy company commercializing an innovative energy store design.
- Cost-effective, scalable, bulk electrical storage is considered a core component of the 21st century electrical grid. It provides the flexibility to reduce reliance of fossil fuel generation, integrate intermittent renewable generation and optimize transmission infrastructure.
- Hydrostor’s distinctive patented storage solution uses semi-adiabatic underwater compressed air to store bulk electricity for long durations, at scales of 1 to 50MW and at the lowest costs in their target markets. The system is safe, environmentally friendly and offers the ability to supply truly green energy 24/7.
- External engineering consultancies lead the detailed design work for each of the project sub-systems; however an internal engineer is required to assess feasibility of certain design alternatives prior to issuing them for further investigation by the external consultancies.
- Scope of design work includes preliminary engineering of process, thermodynamics, mechanical, marine, civil, renewable energy and electrical disciplines.
- Individuals with training in all engineering disciplines will be considered.
- Position will be reporting to Chief Technology Officer.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to and visit a suppliers office, production facility or industrial/construction job site.
- Opportunity to grow and develop with fast-growing technology company in the emerging energy storage field.
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Initiating discussions with suppliers regarding component specifications and design alternatives
- Monitoring test results from plant and systems, as well as recommending modifications following test results
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and schedule constraints
- Self-motivated and driven to explore conventional and non-conventional alternatives
- Ability to work independently and operate in a non-structured environment
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- University engineering or science degree from accredited institution
- Training in mechanical, process, civil, marine or electrical engineering preferable, but applications from all disciplines will be considered
- One to five (1-5) years of prior engineering experience
- Experience with AutoCAD and modeling programs desirable
Location: 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON.
Term: This is a full-time contract position for one (1) year.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.