MaRS Discovery District
Life Sciences and Healthcare Practice Associate
Posted: June 20, 2013
Job Title: Life Sciences and Healthcare Practice Associate
Company Name: MaRS Discovery District
Position Type: Full-time
Location: ON - Metro Toronto
Application Deadline: 2013-06-28
Category: Project Management
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide and manage the logistical and operations support for the Life Sciences and Healthcare Advisory team.
- Build strong working relationships with all MaRS Advisors and serve as the primary point of contact to assist in the on-boarding of new Life Sciences and Healthcare advisors and support and connect advisors with appropriate resources, clients, and other advisors in the MaRS network.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of meetings between clients and advisors and ensure all advisors, especially volunteer advisors, are adequately engaged and managed.
- Participate in select client meetings, supporting advisors by identifying and managing next steps with clients, occasionally taking and circulating meeting minutes, and assisting in the setting of expectations on the function of Advisory Services and how a typical client engagement works.
- Assist in the administration, preparation, and facilitation of the Life Sciences and Healthcare Monthly Advisor Practice Meetings.
- Support advisors with on-going client management including ensuring that client’s needs are being met and relevant tasks are being follow up upon and completed.
- Assist with the organization and coordination of Life Sciences and Healthcare networking events, advisory panels, and educational events.
- Actively maintain client and advisor records within the MaRS client management database (Salesforce.com) and generate monthly reports and analysis for the Life Sciences and Healthcare practice.
- Provide an overview of resources and tools that Life Sciences and Healthcare clients are able to leverage beyond Advisory Services including on-line and in-person educational resources and market intelligence.
- Manage and administer special projects under the direction of the Practice Lead and Senior Advisors in the Life Sciences and Healthcare practice.
MaRS Discovery District staff at all levels, particularly other members of Advisory Services, Market Intelligence, Capital, and Education teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Sciences, Applied Science and Engineering, Business, or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of relevant business experience
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, clients, colleagues in a fast-paced business environment
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Strong capabilities in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com is beneficial
- Exceptional communications skills – oral, written, and presentation skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and desire to support a diverse client base
- Ability to multi-task, comfortable working in a fast-paced, high energy environment, and able to manage a high volume of emails
- Maturity and high level of personal integrity
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Self motivated- able to work independently or as a team member
- Personal accountability and commitment to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28th