Position Type: Full-time
Company Name: Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
Position Location: Toronto, Ontario
Application Deadline: 2014-08-31
Position: Client Coordinator
Site: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Ontario Tumour Bank
Reports To: Manager
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 Hrs/week
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking a Client Coordinator for the Ontario Tumour Bank.
The responsibilities include:
- Acting as the primary contact between the Ontario Tumour Bank (OTB) and the Ontario research community, including both industrial and academic researchers to field general inquiries about access procedures and sample availability;
- Coordinating the provision of samples and information to researchers in collaboration with the Director and Tumour Bank Analyst;
- Conducting queries and searches on the biospecimen management database to facilitate research requests;
- Liaising with the Tissue Ethics Committee, coordinating ethics approval and assisting in request amendments;
- Ensuring that all necessary administrative aspects of sample requests, including completion of the MTA and Application Form, are completed; maintaining customer files, updating the customer database, among other related activities;
- Maintaining the customer relationship management system to ensure data completeness and facilitate reporting of performance metrics
- Following up with customer leads;
- Monitoring the general OTB e-mail inbox and following up and promptly responding to enquiries and customer requests; and
- Assisting with various planning details for business development and marketing activities of the Director.
- Reconciliation of accounts receivables and payables;
- Coordination and tracking of sample shipments;
- Assisting with tracking and reporting on marketing program metrics, including lead generation, lead conversion, and revenue generation; financial reporting and basic accounting.
- Lead business development and outreach initiatives, including distributing informational materials and attending regional symposiums to present the program to researchers (Powerpoint and/or poster format), manning booths at local research conferences.
- Other duties may include those needed for the ongoing growth, development and execution of the Ontario Tumour Bank program.
- There will be some overlap in duties and skills expected with the Tumour Bank Analyst.
- Relevant post-secondary degree in health sciences or equivalent (e.g., B.Sc.);
- SOCRA certification an asset;
- Knowledge about cancer biology and pathology a must;
- Client-service support in the non-profit or research or biotech and pharmaceutical research industry preferred;
- Demonstrated client-service orientation;
- Marketing or sales experience and/or education an asset;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with a range of software applications is required (e.g., Document Management, MS Office)
- Proficiency with relational databases and reporting tools (knowledge of Crystal Reports or other reporting application) an asset;
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple project tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, editorial, and presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management skills.
OICR is an innovative cancer research institute located in the MaRS Centre in the Discovery District in downtown Toronto. OICR is addressing significant challenges in cancer research with multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional teams. New discoveries to prevent, detect and treat cancer will be moved from the bench to practical applications in patients. The OICR team is growing quickly. We are innovative, dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals interested in being part of a culture of excellence that will result in Ontario being recognized internationally as a leading jurisdiction for cancer research.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Research and Innovation.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
The Ontario Tumour Bank at OICR is a biorepository and a data bank that collects human tumour and other tissues across the province and makes them available to academic and industry-based researchers. Please visit the website www.ontariotumourbank.ca.
POSTED DATE: July 3, 2014
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply here: https://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/oicr/JobDescription.asp?JobNumber=732009
OICR has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted. Candidates will be expected to provide their current employer as a reference.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .doc or .pdf file.