MaRS Startup Book Club
Nov 06, 2012 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
MaRS Centre, CR-5
101 College Street
This month’s book: The $100 Startup: Reinvent The Way You Make A Living, Do What You Love, And Create A New Future by Chris Guillebeau
About the Startup Book Club
Learn. Connect. Grow.
Join us! We intend to empower the consumer and enterprise mobile and online startup community with a place to learn, connect and grow.
- Learn: We cover books that highlight the fundamentals and latest trends for startups.
- Connect: Rub elbows and network with other motivated members of the startup community. We’ll connect with you and make sure you know what’s on next at MaRS.
- Grow: Develop your tactical skills and fire your inspiration. Drawing on our passion for business, as well as yours, we’ll help you take away key lessons from each session.
- Please ensure you’ve read the book before coming to the meeting.
- Follow us on Twitter: #startupbookclubTO
Previous books read by the Startup Book Club include:
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinmeier Hansson
- Demand: Creating What People Love Before They Know They Want It by Adrian J. Slywotzky with Karl Weber
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- The Innnovator’s Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business by Clayton M. Christensen
- Running Lean: Iterate From Plan A to a Plan That Works by Ash Maurya
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Crush It! Why Now is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Startup Owner’s Manual: The Step-by-Step Guide for Building a Great Company
- Venture Deals by Brad Feld
- The Other Side of Innovation by Vijay Govindarajan and Chris Trimble
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- The Back of the Napkin by Dan Roam