MaRS Centre Auditorium 101 College Street Toronto
Please join us for our annual SiG@MaRS Information Session – version 2010
The morning will be divided into 4 sections:
8:00-8:30am: Refreshments and networking.
8:30-9:20am: Overview. Hear updates on what’s going on in the area of social entrepreneurship and social innovation at MaRS. This session will include a Q&A and will be led by Allyson Hewitt, Director, Social Entrepreneurship, SiG@MaRS
9:30-10:20am: Going deep. SiG@MaRS provides advisory services to social entrepreneurs – convenes interested stakeholders – and accelerates for impact. In this hour we will explore what each of these areas means in more depth. You will have the opportunity to hear from our staff team who will present in each of these areas in three 15-minute sessions
10:30-11:20am: Conversation. This is your chance to chat with MaRS staff, volunteers and other members of the social innovation community, take this time to get to know someone new and explore your area of interest in more detail
11:30-12:30pm: School for Social Entrepreneurs Feasibility Report Back. The team from Mass LBP will join us to provide a report back to the community on the feasibility of a School for Social Entrepreneurs in Ontario. Many of you have heard about this study, or participated in its development – now it’s time to hear the final recommendations and next steps for the project.
Join us for the entire morning or just an hour or two, either way we gaurantee you will leave insipred with a better understanding of what SiG does and how we do it.
Topics to be covered:
- How do I access the MaRS Advisory Services?
- Who do you help?
- What kinds of programs and services does SiG@MaRS offer?
- What is Net Change Week and how do I get involved?
- What educational opportunities are offered at MaRS for social entrepreneurs?
- What is happening with the Social Venture Exchange?
- What is the latest in Social Finance?
- What’s going on at the other SiG nodes?
- Are you doing any research?
- Are you working to make public policy friendly to social enterprise?
- Where do you see this program going next?
For more information visit siginfosession2010.eventbrite.com