Financing workbook 1: Developing a financing strategy for your company
New unproven ventures are risky and spend more cash than they generate. A new venture will likely not be able to raise the total investment amount required to become cash-flow positive right from the start. Potential investors in your business will want to see the progression of your business broken down into logical achievable steps that take your company to the end goal, and the cash requirement for each step. These steps, the cash required at each step along with your financial plan, form the backbone of your financing strategy. If you’re thinking of raising capital from outside investors, this workbook provides a framework for developing a financing strategy for your business.
Download and use this workbook to:
- Identify your key milestones to successfully build your venture.
- Develop a comprehensive list of tasks associated with each milestone.
- Establish the amount of capital that you will need to raise.
- Match your financing requirements to each of these milestones.
Workbooks are comprised of two elements―the workbook guide, which contains instructions, examples and activities, and the workbook template, in which you can write your responses. You can personalize the workbook template by adding your company name and logo.
This workbook guide is part one of a four-part series covering business planning and financing. It is designed specifically for technology and life sciences companies.
The business planning and financing management process consists of four major parts, or buildings blocks, each adding, to the foundation of the previous one:
- Building block 1: Developing a financing strategy for your company
- Building block 2: The business plan and executive summary
- Building block 3: Identifying, targeting and engaging potential investors
- Building block 4: Developing and delivering a winning investor presentation