Financing workbook 3: Identifying, targeting and engaging potential investors
The fundraising process, the process of finding investors for a new venture, consists of several stages. This workbook provides a framework and tips for identifying and engaging with potential investors for your company, and for developing an elevator pitch.
Financing workbook 3: Identifying, targeting and engaging potential investors is designed specifically for technology and life sciences entrepreneurs.
Download and use this workbook to:
- Develop your target list of investors.
- Create investor profiles.
- Target those investors that fit best with your opportunity.
- Craft your elevator pitch for potential investors.
This workbook is part three of a four-part series covering business planning and financing. Each part, or “Building block,” adds to the foundation of the previous one:
- Building block 1: Developing a financing strategy for your company
- Building block 2: The business plan and executive summary
- Building block 3: Identifying, targeting and engaging potential investors
- Building block 4: Developing and delivering a winning investor presentation
MaRS workbooks are comprised of two elements―the workbook guide, which contains instructions, examples and activities, and the workbook template, in which you can write your responses. You can personalize the workbook template by adding your company name and logo. This workbook suggests setting up a tracking list of potential investors for your company. A downloadable Excel template is available below for this purpose.