Patents: Sorting through the nitty-gritty – MaRS Best Practices
Shahrzad Esmaili and Grant Tisdall, patent agents at Gowlings, discuss the ins and outs of the patent process. They cover a range of topics aimed at entrepreneurs, including what is patentable, the risks of disclosures (and non-disclosure agreements), and cultivating use from your intellectual property.
- Software licence agreement: Sample template
- Intellectual property (IP) assignment agreement: Sample template for Ontario startups
- Business ideas: Can you protect them? Copyright, patents and trademarks may protect intellectual property (IP)
- Trademark strategy and branding
- Licensing as a revenue model for technology products