Entrepreneurs in Action: October edition
Want to know what’s going on with some of the most interesting start-ups in the province?
At MaRS, we work with hundreds of early-stage companies to help them grow their businesses. Sometimes, some of those companies do great things. They win awards, secure financing, attract international talent or get great media coverage. Entrepreneurs in Action is a regular round-up of our clients’ successes.
Here’s what some of our clients have been up to:
- Ambit Biosciences, based in San Diego but with a lab at MaRS, raised $15 million of a planned $15.9 million round of debt, rights and securities. Learn more.
- Infonaut was featured in the November issue of Popular Science. Click here, then flip to page 44.
- My City Lives was awarded almost $500,000 from the Canadian Media Fund. Learn more.
- Seema from Tiffinday was interviewed on CBC’s Metro Morning on October 13. Listen to the interview.
- Six MaRS clients were selected as winners of Canada’s Top 10 Competition. Congratulations NeurAxon, Spartan Bioscience, Skymeter, Vive Nano, Morgan Solar and Aeryon Labs! Learn more.
- The Globe and Mail wrote about Vive Nano’s new relationship with clients in India. Read more.
- Asif Ansari, founder and ex-CEO of Los Angeles-based eSolar, Inc., joined Morgan Solar as CEO. Learn more.
- The Ontario Genomics Institute awarded InDanio BioScience $100,000 of development funding under its Pre-Commercialization Business Development Find. Learn more.