The marketing mix (4Ps)
How much do you know about marketing? We’ve all experienced the end results of it as consumers but what does marketing look like for an entrepreneur? Last week Jon Worren spoke on the basics of marketing and went over the “marketing mix”, also known as the 4Ps.
Jon also referred to some key concepts and resources that are beneficial for entrepreneurs wanting to learn more about marketing.
- Crossing The Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
- Minimal Viable Product (MVP) from The Four Steps To Epiphany by Steven Gary Blank
- The Business Model Canvas from Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
Downloads and Resources:
- Class Summary: Introduction to marketing
- Video: Introduction to marketing
- Presentation: Introduction to marketing
- Articles: 1. Analysing markets and industries, 2. Marketing strategy, 3. Understand customer behaviour
- Join the Facebook Group: Entrepreneurship 101
- Register to get weekly updates
Entrepreneurship 101 2010/11 – Week 5 – Introduction to Marketing from MaRS Discovery District on Vimeo.
Entrepreneurship 101: Introduction to marketing
View more presentations from MaRS Discovery District.
Amrutha works with MaRS Media to deliver high quality digital assets to clients for their marketing and business needs. Previously she was the Senior Program Associate for the Business Acceleration Program and provided support to entrepreneurs through the Regional Innovation Centres in the ONE network. She is also the Chair of the MaRS Social Committee and leads the team on organizing various events for MaRS staff. See more…
- Different types of entrepreneurship: What's best for your business?
- 3 questions every value proposition must answer
- The seven-step go-to-market strategy
- 7 ways to generate business ideas this year
- Your startup doesn't need a marketing team—and other early-stage marketing tips