Wanted: One really smart physicist… perq include sitting in Newton's chair
Physicist Stephen Hawking in Zero Gravity, NASA
There have been rumors that the world renowned physicist, Stephen Hawking, is unhappy with the state of British science funding and has been offered a position at our own Perimeter Institute, located in Waterloo.
For those who don’t know, Stephen Hawking is a famous physicist tied with the theory of black holes and singularities in general relativity. Many consider him to be our modern day Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton.
It’s a great compliment to the state of science research in Canada and the Perimeter Institute for a man of his stature to consider coming here to do work. Choosing Canada would give us back some of the credibility that’s been lost to the problem of brain drain.
Thomas is a market analyst with the Market Readiness Program located at MaRS. He brings over six years of technical experience in the areas of the robotics, aerospace, industrial controls, biomedical and utility industries. See more…
- The Funding Portal: A new tool on MaRSDD to help you connect with more than $30 billion in funding sources
- Looking for capital? Start with yourself
- Ontario start-ups find success at BioPartnering Europe 2011
- Canada's nonprofit sector: Get the facts
- Pitching to investors: Kicking health ventures into high gear