Back-End Software Developer
Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Monkey Jabber is looking for a back end systems software development candidate.
Monkey Jabber has developed and implemented a unique App called the NurtureWatch. A global tracking and communication device designed for the elderly and those with special needs. It securely and accurately tracks the user’s whereabouts through GPS technology. It can make two-way calls to family members, caretakers or to an emergency call center. With the NurtureWatch, you can monitor the user’s heart rate. It has fall detection capabilities and can automatically make emergency calls; giving you peace of mind knowing that at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, help is available with the push of a button.
What you’ll do:
- Write C++ code to interact with an external scientific simulation software package
- Develop schema and populate database with simulation results
- Participate in code design and reviews
- Write unit and integration tests for new and existing features
- Pitch in wherever needed to deliver an amazing product
What we’re looking for:
A student perusing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Solid experience C++ and common libraries (e.g., STL, Boost, etc).
- Experience with graph-based data structures and algorithms is preferred
- Previous works samples are a huge plus
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as data-structures, algorithms, compilers and programming language design
- Experience with git and other software development tools
- Ability to collaborate well in a team environment, and be sensitive in giving and receiving feedback on code and other contributions
- Someone self motivated, with the ability to manage their time and work independently
What you’ll get from us
- Opportunity. Make big contributions to a real software product
- Experience. Work with domain experts to understand real world engineering problems and design the right software solution
- Compensation. $14/hour to start for Coop term. Opportunity for employment past Coop terms
- C/C++: 1 year (Required)
- Git: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)