Business Development Coordinator
Tuesday, April 30
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: May 6th, 2019
Position End Date: August 30th, 2019
Access Copyright is a national, not-for-profit organization that helps Canadian businesses simplify addressing copyright. We help organizations understand how the Copyright Act applies to their business, and address copyright permission needs by offering licensing options that support the unique content uses of different industries and organizations. The voice of creators and publishers in Canada, Access Copyright is a member of the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organizations – a network that provides us with the authority to grant copyright permissions on over 100 million published works from Canada and around the world.
As a member of the Business Development department, your role will focus on creation and execution of strategies targeting net new business growth. Working closely with the Head of Business Development, you will take messaging to market through direct sales and marketing campaigns. Increasing outbound activity is a new venture for us! This mean you will see campaigns through to completion, be involved in the evaluation of efficacy, and be included in discussions on creation of new strategies to pilot/lead with in future.
Role and Project Description
The Business Development Coordinator will execute on a strategic plan to increase brand recognition, strengthen relationships with existing clients, and grow revenues by targeting net new business opportunities. Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Cold calling and qualifying prospective customers
- Creating marketing resources that drive awareness of Access Copyright’s solutions
- Analyzing and identifying business potential in different verticals
- Contribute to the development of current and future tactics and strategies
- Data collection
With you, our mighty business development team will grow to a department of 2! That means opportunities for collaboration will be high, your input valued, and your responsibilities will grow as we work together to identify new opportunities. Overall, we’re a small, quiet office, where your voice will be heard.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, technical skills, soft skills, etc.):
- Completed at least one semester of post-secondary education
- Eloquent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner, highly self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Brings a lot of enthusiasm, creative thinking, and outgoing energy
- Thrives on a challenge and the ability to engage in strategic discussions
Area and Level of Study (College, Undergraduate, Graduate, etc.):
Accepting all levels of study from variety of programs across both College and University.