Business Development Intern
Trainer Plus Inc
Thursday, June 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
At Trainer Plus, we make a web and mobile platform the creates content and support ecosystems for trainers and
gyms. This platform helps scale fitness support and personal training, helping the fitness industry offer new online
services and be more accessible and affordable to more people. This is the first step in not only evolving their
business online, but accessing new markets in corporate wellness and healthcare.
With fitness as the top form of prevention, there is still a disconnect between the fitness and healthcare industries.
We are on a mission to help bridge the gap between fitness and healthcare, by using our technology to scale
content from experts and reinforce a best practice, evidence based approach to fitness. If enjoy the challenge of
solving complex problems in a dynamic environment, then this is the right place for you.
With the recent development of our enterprise version for gyms, we need to grow our business development team
to deal with the sales, implementation and training of new customers. This role would be focused on generating
and harvesting leads, then working with those customers to drive their success on Trainer+.
We are looking for driven, entrepreneurial and responsible co-op students who want to work in the startup
environment. This opportunity is not just for operations, but would also touch on digital marketing, sales, data
analysis, product development and customer support. It is also an opportunity to work and learn in an agile
environment, taking a lean startup approach to experimenting, using data and iterating from the result. We need
not just a co-op student, but also a team member who can own their area of responsibility for one of our lines of
business and work closely with our CEO to manage operations and grow the business. Our ideal candidate is
someone ready to assume a management or marketing role immediately, and evolve into a full-time operator for
one of our lines of business.
- Proficiency in Google tools (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Gmail)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Project management or business administration experience
- Hustle and quick learner
- Familiarity with fitness sales and/or management
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environments
- Confident in learning new things and tenacious at solving problems
- Design (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator or other drawing tools)
- Digital marketing, funnel analysis (Google analytics, application data, MixPanel)
- Experimentation design (A/B testing, cohort analysis, direct customer feedback)
- Product management (technology development cycle)
- Project management tools (Asana, Trello, Bitbucket, MixPanel)
- Able to continuously re-prioritize and adapt to change
- Experience in the fitness industry is a bonus