Content Marketing Intern
Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: May 1, 2019
Position End Date: August 30, 2019
jiiWA is on a mission to bring hope and access to the world’s marginalized communities by helping nonprofits work better. We help simplify data collection from program beneficiaries to help:
- Nonprofits deliver more effective programs and redirect scarce resources
- Funders better understand the impact of their donations
- Beneficiaries have a voice in bettering the systems that serve them
Since February 2017 jiiWA has worked tirelessly to build a cloud-based solution that helps nonprofits work better and easily collect and learn more from their program and participant data. Our existing partners span the US and Canada with local nonprofits like Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE Launchpad) and The Remix Project in Toronto, Next One Up in Baltimore, and America SCORES Bay Area in San Francisco.
Role and Project Description:
jiiWA is seeking an energetic, passionate and empathetic person to join our team as a Content Marketing Intern. You have a passion to give back and contribute to society.
We’re excited to welcome you to our team at an exciting time for not only our start-up but also for the technology/innovation sector in Toronto as a whole. Come gain some valuable technology experience!
The successful candidate will work directly with our CEO & Co-founder, Kristina Flynn, to create content that builds, fosters and drives value for jiiWA’s audience.
This team member will:
- Disseminate jiiWA’s messaging across various platform
- Write content for blogs, customer stories, the website, our social media channels et. al.
- Grow and improve our social media channels
- Optimize content for search engine & lead generation
- Have the opportunity to brainstorm and execute on innovative digital marketing strategies
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, technical skills, soft skills, etc.):
- Acceptance and respect for all people, regardless of race, gender, socio-economic status, religion, sexual identity et. al.
- A never-ending curiosity, excitement for learning and an openness to feedback and professional/self-improvement
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts, principles and best practices
- A self-starter who is able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with social media and audiences
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
Area and Level of Study:
- Digital Marketing, Communications, Public Relations
- Undergraduate or Graduate