Digital Media Specialist
Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Monkey Jabber has developed and implemented a unique watch called the NurtureWatch. A global tracking and communication device designed for the elderly and those with special needs. It securely and accurately tracks the user’s whereabouts through GPS technology. It can make two-way calls to family members, caretakers or to an emergency call center. With the NurtureWatch, you can monitor the user’s heart rate. It has fall detection capabilities and can automatically make emergency calls; giving you peace of mind knowing that at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, help is available with the push of a button.
The Digital Media Specialist will coordinate Public Relations and publicity for NurtureWatch by creating graphics that enhance the department’s web presence, create graphics for social media efforts, and maintain both internal and external communication and graphic design frameworks. Reporting to the CEO, the specialist will oversee the NurtureWatch.com website and create content that communicates the unit’s vision and institutional value-added services.
- Pursuing a degree in Digital Media Communication, Public Relations, or related field plus relevant experience
- Experience working with organizations to enhance their graphic design communication efforts
- Demonstrated experience as a professional communicator applying both skills and theory
- Working knowledge and experience with a web content management system
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively in a team environment
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Successful experience communicating organizational changes
- French and/or Spanish speaker