Fintech Fund Services Inc.
Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: May 6th 2019
Position End Date: September 6th 2019
Fintech Fund Services is a financial services company focused on providing fund administration, administrative and analytical services to institutional investors and to asset managers. With offices in Canada and India, Fintech works with major financial market participants including hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, and credit funds that invest in performing and distressed residential and commercial real estate, syndicated bank loan, structured products, derivatives, futures, commodities, and equities.
Role and Project Description:
The individual will have the opportunity to work in alternative investmentindustry (hedge fund, private equity, venture capital) and connect with fund managers and principles. He/she will receive mixed education/work experience in investment accounting and maintain strong working knowledge of administrative functions, including:
- Ensuring that the operation of client fund is efficient
- NAV calculation and publication
- Maintaining accounts and records – reconciling capital stock, cash, and security holdings
- Preparing the audit file
- Compliance – AMUKYC , FACTA
- Information systems technology
- Research, identify, and generate new opportunities via the phone, web and campaigns in partnership with the Accounting and Marketing team
- Qualify, build and manage a pipeline of new leads
- Utilize our CRM system to help organize and optimize sales efforts
- Strategically work with new prospects to identify business opportunities
- Learn and execute on the sales process with support from management
- Some cold-calling
Strong communication, Advance Excel skills with basic knowledge of finance and accounting concepts.
Area and Level of Study:
Student Enrolled in Business /Accounting/Communication program