Front End Developer
Thursday, October 31
Ever wanted to join a sports-based startup? Now is your chance to join our team.
Classlete is in search of a part-time Front End Developer who is motivated to combine both the art of design with the art of programming to help support the launch and community growth of Classlete.com.
You will be responsible for implementing mobile-friendly design interfaces for both our Classlete.com community platform, Classlete Sports Card templates and other Classlete related content. You will work closely with the UX/UI Designer and back-end developer to bring new illustrative features and templates to life.
This individual will work with the internal Classlete team from home on an on-going basis.
WHAT IS THIS ABOUT:
- We are beta launching our community platform for North American high school student-athletes named Classlete.com (a combination of the words “class” and “athlete”), which is expected to go live towards Fall 2019. More information about the initiative can be found below. Overall, we are helping high school athletes across Canada and the US #BalanceItAll both on and off the field of play.
- We have created a custom online digital sports card called the Classlete Sports Card, which allows our student-athlete members to highlight and track their athletic, academic and community achievements and share it with their friends via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The website development is near its completion and we have been producing and curating relevant content on everything from topics on the “Do’s and Don’ts of College Recruiting” to “Whether Dating During The Season Is Right For You”.
- We also have a Podcast, where we have recorded but not yet released over 13 episodes with podcast guests ranging from Olympians, CFL, Sports Neuro-scientist, strength and conditioning experts and other popular media personalities in sports.
- Develop and implement new user-facing features and designs based on current priorities and business interests
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Utilize industry best practices to deliver high-quality code
- Work with transparency, integrity and diligently both independently, and in a team environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a similar role and resides in Canada
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of image authoring tools; able to crop, resize or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp, Sketch, or Photoshop
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Experience with WordPress or PHP a plus
- Working knowledge of Angular2, React as well as Mobile App experience a bonus
- Fun and easy to work with and with a positive attitude.
- Proactive and highly motivated; demonstrates the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team, while adhering to a schedule.
We have 3 questions we ask high school athletes:
- School, sports and social life. How do you balance it all as a high school athlete?
- Have you ever felt your academic, athletic and community service accomplishments are not acknowledged or recognized as they should be?
- And as a result, do you feel that others simply look upon you and stereotype you as “just another jock”?
- Have you ever wanted your own sports card like the pros?
Classlete.com (the word “Class” and “Athlete” put together) is a social platform for North American high school student-athletes where our goal is to help our members become well-rounded individuals academically, athletically, and socially by providing convenient online digital content that entertains and educates with an aim to provide cost savings with membership perks and discounts that revolve around the life of a student-athlete.
Members will be able to create their own customized Classlete Sports Card – a proprietary online sports card that allows our members to highlight and track their athletic, academic and community achievements and share it with their friends via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Students will also be able to create their online profile, upload their stats/videos/pictures and essentially use our platform to share their academic, athletic and community achievements. As they engage with our platform, they will be able to earn Classlete Badges and Classlete Points, which they can later redeem towards rewards and membership perks to products and services that revolve around the life of a high school athlete.
Our goal is to ease the financial, academic, athletic and social pressures endured by North American high school athletes through our community platform.
Please REPLY telling us a bit about yourself, provide your resume/portfolio with your contact info, and a few available time frames to arrange a chat via Skype.
Looking forward to speaking with you soon!
-The Classlete Team