Front End Software & App Developer
Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Monkey Jabber has developed and implemented a unique watch called the NurtureWatch. A global tracking and communication device designed for the elderly and those with special needs. It securely and accurately tracks the user’s whereabouts through GPS technology. It can make two-way calls to family members, caretakers or to an emergency call center. With the NurtureWatch, you can monitor the user’s heart rate. It has fall detection capabilities and can automatically make emergency calls; giving you peace of mind knowing that at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, help is available with the push of a button.
You will be a part of a small team responsible for developing multiple web based frontend systems and apps with human UI interfaces as well as IoT functionalities. Our development team consists of people with expertise in many areas ranging from hardware development to cloud services.
Summary of Position
Your role will have responsibility for the front end and app development supporting the NurtureWatch software application products.
Nature and Scope:
- Developing front end code for customer use in accessing our web applications.
- Developing smart device App’s for customer use in accessing our products.
- Developing software specifications for use as documentation and for use with outside software suppliers as needed.
- Working cooperatively with Monkey Jabber IT and marketing on software development and implementation.
- Designing and developing other software for engineering use as needed.
- Student Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Primary Skills Required:
- Some web development experience
- Experience with UX design and products
- web development
- Developed apps and published them to Google play or the Apple Appstore
- Good writing and communication skills.
Secondary skills that are plus:
- software development experience
- knowledge of different SQL databases
- API development