Tuesday, December 31
This is your opportunity to be part a leading, STEM-based coding and robotics company for kids. MakerKids Leaside is currently looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual to be our Instructor.
MakerKids develops and runs camps and after-school programs on Coding, Robotics and Minecraft. With our customized interest-driven STEM programs, we inspire children to become creators instead of consumers: inventors, entrepreneurs, and innovators. We’ve been featured in major media such as Wired, CTV and the Globe and Mail and many others.
Part-Time Instructor Role
- Assist in MakerKids programming – including Robotics, Coding and Minecraft.
- Along with head instructor, develop new activities and assist in curriculum development
- Coordinate events and walk parents through their childrens’ progress
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Have a STEM background – ideally in coding, robotics or Minecraft
- Have teaching experience such as school, summer camp, after-school programming
- You’re a creative, energetic and like working with children
- You’re comfortable using technology – software (required)
This is an hourly role that has some seasonal adjustment in hours including afternoons, weeknights, and weekends. A sample schedule is…
- School year: Mon-Weds 3:00PM-8:00PM, and Saturdays/Sundays 9:30AM-5:30PM.
- Summer: Mon-Friday 8:30AM-6:30PM
- Minimum required education: Bachelor’s Degree in STEM-related field in progress
- Computer skills required – computer/software programming
- Required experience:
- STEM background (required)
- Ideally 1 year of experience in children’s service like summer camps
How to Apply/Requirements
Complete the form in the link below. Along with a resume, a cover letter describing why you’re interested in this role is especially helpful. A video of yourself is a definite bonus! Once initial screening is complete, the hiring process will require:
- Standard First Aid & CPR (bonus if you already have this, or can be part of onboarding)
- Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued prior to start date
- 3 successful reference checks
Submit a resume, and a cover letter, or better yet a video of why you would like to be an instructor at MakerKids!