Jr. Product Manager (Intern)
Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Monkey Jabber has developed and implemented a unique App called the NurtureWatch. A global tracking and communication device designed for the elderly and those with special needs. It securely and accurately tracks the user’s whereabouts through GPS technology. It can make two-way calls to family members, caretakers or to an emergency call center. With the NurtureWatch, you can monitor the user’s heart rate. It has fall detection capabilities and can automatically make emergency calls; giving you peace of mind knowing that at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, help is available with the push of a button.
The purpose of this Coop is to prepare university students for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Monkey Jabber organization to include theory and practical application of attained knowledge. Project work will differ in each area depending on business. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Monkey Jabber. You be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
Job responsibilities may include a combination of the following areas based on the intern’s skill set:
- Support current mobile computing software products focused on end-users: learn all features, application solutions, and markets
- Identify and report trends and market observations
- Perform competitive analysis and update respective competitive portals
- Engage with regional leads to identify in country trends, product needs, and customer feedback from Latin America, and North America
- Engage partners to expand application solution portfolio
- Support our Sales and TA teams by addressing issues and new feature requests
- Work closely with product management to support new mobile computer software proposals:
- Gather features inputs and market insight form our sales and TA teams
- Engage with customers and solution partners to gather voice of the customer inputs
- Identify and quantify a new mobile computing market / software opportunity:
- Gather voice of the customer inputs from mobile computing team and industry solution experts.
- Analyze and size market potential.
- Perform competitive and SWOT analysis.
- Identify product feature recommendations.
- Develop business case and financial analysis.
- Create a user stories and wireframe
- Present recommendations to leadership
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Increase technology knowledge and skills.
- Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with employees.
- Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities.
- Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with external and external customers.
- Some local travel to conferences may be required – this would require standing but with appropriate breaks.
- Current enrollment in a Technical / Business undergraduate/graduate degree program.
- Basic understanding of mobile products, technology, software, mobility market, etc.
- Basic knowledge of User Design and enterprise IT requirements a plus
- Intellectual & entrepreneur curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic and/or extracurricular experiences
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
Compensation is $14./hour for 16-week term with opportunity to gain full-time employment.