Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: May 13, 2019
Position End Date: August 23 or 30, 2019
Blaise is transforming mass mobility with a universal platform that enables any partner transit agency to provide on-demand bus services using their existing vehicle infrastructure. We are one of the first in the world to be designing an on-demand system for full-size buses, saving transit operators time and money, and reducing emissions in comparison to other rideshare offerings.
Blaise has existed since May 2018. Since its founding, Blaise has completed two of the top accelerator programs in Canada, namely the Next 36 in Toronto and Centech in Montreal, where we are currently headquartered.
Role and Project Description:
The marketing intern will fulfill a variety of responsibilities to plan and execute marketing initiatives to promote Blaise to the world. You’ll get to touch on dozens of exciting roles including (but not limited to) managing our website and social media pages, running Facebook and AdWords campaigns, organizing events, generating content (visuals, videos) and building a brand guide for Blaise. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend events on behalf of Blaise throughout the summer and become integrated into the Montreal tech ecosystem.
This isn’t your typical 9-5 job; we’re on a crazy adventure to revolutionize mass mobility and we’re looking for someone crazy enough to join us. It will be a lot of work, but also incredibly fun and rewarding; you’ll be building invaluable leadership skills. Applicants should be passionate about sustainability, innovation and using technology as a force for good.
- Previous experience managing social media campaigns and/or online ads
- Previous experience organizing events
- Creative thinker, creative designer, creative writer
- Passionate about all things marketing, technology, sustainability
- Entrepreneurial spirit: not afraid to take risks, willing to pick up the phone, willing to constantly learn new skills
- (plus) Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent photo editing software experience
- (plus) Experience/skills in website design (e.g. Wix)
Area and Level of Study:
- Studying business with a specialization or major/minor in Marketing
- Undergraduate or graduate student