Renno & Co
Friday, May 10
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Renno & Co., has been expanding quickly and we focus on small scale, pre-seed, technology startups throughout their initial stages. We also assist with Venture Capital negotiation throughout their Pre-seed and Series A rounds and are currently working to expand our technology stack in order to facilitate our client relationships and empower lawyers. Major projects we are working on this summer include a legal technology development project and research with respect to exploring novel ways of delivering legal services utilizing technology and our affiliates.
To take the next step in our development, we are looking for talented students and recent graduates to join our team and help us build the law firm of the future. If you have expertise in any of the following:
- Artificial Intelligence, particularly related to Natural Language Processing;
- Website Backed Programming Experience with Python, Ruby, Java, Node.JS, et al;
- Front End Web Development and/or integration;
- Database implementation with respect to PostgreSQL or MongoDB; &
- API implementation.
Please note, this position is made available in collaboration with TalentX and the Student-Work Integrated Learning program as is anticipated to extend for 16 weeks at $2000 – $2500 / month.
To qualify for the program, applicants must:
- have been enrolled in full-time studies with an eligible Canadian post-secondary education institution;
- be studying in fields related to science, technology, engineering, mathematics and/or business;
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee protected has been conferred;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
We look forward to hearing from you and learning about your vision for the future of emerging technology and the role it can play in a start-up’s life. Our backgrounds and interests are diverse and welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented communities, including Women in STEM, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all orientations.
As well, please note that the mandate may be supported by multiple positions, and includes the potential to expand into a full-time, lead role.
For more information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
The application deadline is April 23, with an expected start date of May 15.