BlinkSky Canada Inc.
Monday, May 6
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: May 6, 2019
Position End Date: August 23, 2019
BlinkSky Inc. is a global gifting technology company providing a unified platform for digital gifting for 400+ Premium retailers in the U.S., Canada and the UK. Our platform is designed to power a simplified gifting experience across desktop and mobile devices; offering both open and closed-loop digital gift cards via a cloud-scalable platform to drive B2B programs – Employee Rewards, Recognition, Incentives & Wellness.
Get experience at a tech start up that plans to grow rapidly globally!
Role and Project Description:
- As a member of Sales, your role will focus on onboarding and managing small business clients. Working closely with Marketing, you will call and visit prospective business clients to sell our BlinkSky digital gifting technology solutions.
- Role will require simple technical demos of BlinkSky gifting portal to prospective and onboarded clients.
- Occasionally support team at events promoting BlinkSky products directly to clients.
If you aspire to have a career in technology sales or experience at a tech start up, this is a great position for you!
- Disciplined in time management, evaluating priorities and accomplishing goals
- Eloquent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner, highly self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Ability to engage in basic technology discussions
- Previous experience in working in a retail or small businesses environment a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Access to transportation to visit clients as required in the Greater Toronto Area.
Area and Level of Study
- College or undergraduate business or technology student who has completed at least one semester of post-secondary education