Tuesday, April 30
Student Work Placement Program
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: Feb 4th 2019
Position End Date: March 30th 2019
SmallCloud Technologies is a software company that does consulting, as well as create Software as a Service products. As a software intern, you will be working on our SaaS product.
Software department. Working on software development of a production.
Role and Project Description:
We are looking for a talented engineer to develop features with a focus on the best possible user experiences. You will work closely with a product manager to design, implement and ship mission critical features. You have prior experience developing web apps and are excited about doing that on a product that is being used by many customers on a daily basis. You want to have productive technical discussions with a focus on analytics and user feedback and contribute to the continuous improvement of our user experiences.
A Typical Week
- You’ll brainstorm with a product manager to conceptualize new features.
- You’ll collaborate to build new features for customers.
- You’ll learn about new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- You’ll help with support to triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
Throughout this coop, you will receive mentorship and guidance from a technical project lead. There will also be regular feedback given by your project lead. There is an opportunity to learn industry leading best practices in software development and learn skills that are highly sought after in software companies currently.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, technical skills, soft skills, etc.):
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the latest technologies and can learn quickly on the job. A successful candidate will bring deep analytical ability, software engineering expertise, and the ability to deliver results within a fast moving environment.
You’ll be tasked with developing new features and improving existing ones. We look for the following attributes in candidates:
- Strong communication skills.
- Naturally curious about learning new technologies and skills
- Experience with a programming language (Ideally Python)
- Have an interest or experience with learning outside of your normal environment through side projects
- Self directed learner and good at general problem solving
Area and Level of Study (College, Undergraduate, Graduate, etc.):