Tuesday, December 31
Ever wanted to join a sports-based startup? Now is your chance to join our team.
Classlete is in search of a part-time System Admin for our start-up to support the launch and community growth of Classlete.com.
You will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operations of our software and servers. You will need to ensure uptime, performance, resources and the security of our platform.
You will work with the internal Classlete team from home on an on-going basis.
WHAT IS THIS ABOUT:
- We are beta launching a social platform for North American high school student-athletes named Classlete.com (a combination of the words “class” and “athlete”), which is expected to go live towards July 2019. More information about the initiative can be found below. Overall, we are helping high school athletes across Canada and the US #BalanceItAll both on and off the field of play.
- We have created a custom online digital sports card called the Classlete Sports Card, which allows our student-athlete members to highlight and track their athletic, academic and community achievements and share it with their friends via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The website development is near its completion and we have been producing and curating relevant content on everything from topics on the “Do’s and Don’ts of College Recruiting” to “Whether Dating During The Season Is Right For You”.
- We also have a Podcast, where we have recorded but not yet published over 13 episodes with podcast guests ranging from Olympians, CFL, Sports Neuro-scientist, strength and conditioning experts and other popular media personalities in sports.
- Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operations for software and servers ensuring uptime, performance, resources, and security of our platform. The chosen candidate will be
- Accountable for acquiring, installing and/or upgrading software, providing routine automation, maintaining security policies, troubleshooting and offer, on occasion, technical support.
- Managing infrastructure software such as WordPress (or any other new frameworks).
- Assisting with maintaining our website(s) uptime while optimizing server utilization and building scalable architecture;
- Creating a dev infrastructure and making it available to team members while documenting all code in a central hub;
- Building and maintaining unit tests pertaining to the main site functionalities (i.e. for launching new features, etc.);
- Mitigating any hacking, security or vulnerability risks both from an end user, infrastructure and Classlete, Inc perspective;
- Working with transparency, integrity and diligently both independently, and in a team environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of System administration, DevOps, Software Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Experience with the following: Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Environments, MySQL, EWS EC2, AWS RDS, AWS S3, Linux, – – Apache web server and domain management.
- Experience with front end development a bonus
- Related post-secondary education
- Fun and easy to work with and with a positive attitude.
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team, while adhering to a schedule.
We have 3 questions we ask high school athletes:
- School, sports and social life. How do you balance it all as a high school athlete?
- Have you ever felt your academic, athletic and community service accomplishments are9885 not acknowledged or recognized as they should be?
- And as a result, do you feel that others simply look upon you and stereotype you as “just another jock”?
- Have you ever wanted your own sports card like the pros?
Classlete.com (the word “Class” and “Athlete” put together) is a social platform for North American high school student-athletes where our goal is to help our members become well-rounded individuals academically, athletically, and socially by providing convenient online digital content that entertains and educates with an aim to provide cost savings with membership perks and discounts that revolve around the life of a student-athlete.
Members will be able to create their own customized Classlete Sports Card – a proprietary online sports card that allows our members to highlight and track their athletic, academic and community achievements and share it with their friends via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Students will also be able to create their online profile, upload their stats/videos/pictures and essentially use our platform to share their academic, athletic and community achievements. As they engage with our platform, they will be able to earn Classlete Badges and Classlete Points, which they can later redeem towards rewards and membership perks to products and services that revolve around the life of a high school athlete.
Our goal is to ease the financial, academic, athletic and social pressures endured by North American high school athletes through our community platform.
Looking forward to speaking with you soon!
-The Classlete Team