Position Role: Sales
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-12-21
Position Start Date: January 7th, 2019
Position End Date: May 3rd or 10th, 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Beam.city is the world’s first video-based shopping destination – helping connect shoppers with the products and promotions at great nearby stores, using A.I. & Video technologies. We offer a turnkey platform to make it easy for retailers to gain digital dominance, so that local shoppers can find the millions of products available for sale everyday around them.
Our vision is to make all local products available online, to facilitate same-day shopping through out the city, in every city.
Beam.city is a start-up with a strong learning and execution culture – we love getting things done! Work with go-getters and got-doners everyday. Our highly experienced and affable team of technologists and technology enthusiasts work together to solve big problems, and run great team happy hours almost every week. You get to build important things and see results right away, at the ground floor of what is a trillion dollar problem.
Paid holidays and personal time off make having a life-work balance possible. For some roles, working from home on an as-needed basis is a possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping them motivated. Got ideas? Share them. At this stage – you can have a large positive impact on trajectory, which will not be forgotten.
Role and Project Description:
The Business development intern role is an individual contributor role in our highly collaborative start- up. We are seeking an ambitious and energetic intern to support our sales efforts. This individual will work directly with our sales lead, and CEO to reach and maintain contact with potential partners.
- Learn our products, services, industry and operations fast.
- Learn the intricacies of relationship building, influence, persuasion and more, needed for sales.
- Set and Achieve ambitious goals and objectivies for business development and sales.
- Research and identify clients, qualify them and introduce them to Beam.city in the GTA
- Support the creation of sales scripts, contact profiles and histories.
- Organize and maintain contacts on CRM
- Support the Sales Lead, and company leadership on startup-acceleration duties.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, especially retail, events or hospitality.
- Positive personality and a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extremely fast learners with experience using Digital productivity tools (Office, CRMs)
- Ability to gather, analyze and document information clearly and efficiently
- Proactive nature to seek gaps, make recommendations, and execute in a motivated fashion.
- Must be innovative, self-motivated, and hands-on personality who excels in tough environments.
Area and Level of Study:
2nd, Junior or senior Year undergraduate students majoring in Business, Marketing, Industrial Relations, Psychology or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.1
How to Apply: