Position Role: Sales
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-07-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Vena was founded on the belief that the technologies people know and love should be central to how companies plan and measure the way they do business. We transform Excel and Office 365 into an award winning, enterprise-class business solution with workflow, data warehousing, and more. That belief has paid off – Vena is doubling in size every year and today has offices on four continents with thousands of happy users across the globe.
Love sales? Looking for work in an exciting growing company? Then you’ve come to the right place! Vena’s Business Development Internship provides college and university students an opportunity to work with one of the top tech companies in Canada! You will apply subjects and skills learned in school to exciting real-world applications. We don’t just work hard, we also want you to have fun!
There will be opportunities to attend team outings and events to bond with their Vena teammates, management, executive staff, and other interns. We are looking for individuals who want to grow, learn, and collaborate with the best and brightest that make up this fast growing organization.
The Sales Intern will gain valuable sales experience and learn sales processes at a cloud-based SaaS company, through working with Vena Solutions world class Sales and Business Development Managers. You will get hands-on experience researching territory, building out deep dive prospecting with the back-end technologies commonly used by sales and marketing organizations such as LinkedIn, Salesforce CRM, Zoom Info and a range of other social media applications. You may have the opportunity to interact with people with a range of responsibilities ranging from analyst to senior leadership in various types of businesses.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist sales with territory development – market analysis, sales support & data entry
- Industry, Territory and Account research recorded in systems for ongoing use
- Work across departments, particularly Marketing and Business Development to build out the Vena Database in Salesforce
- Assist the sales team with tasks that occur during a customer engagement
- College or undergraduate student in business, communications or related field.
- Familiar with accounting and finance and concepts
- Research skills using social media (LinkedIn) and Salesforce CRM
- Analytical mindset
- Team player
- Hungry to learn and grow with our team
- Initiative to follow-up to successfully launch and complete a sales campaign
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with customer service is a plus
How to Apply: