Position Role: Sales
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Markham, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-11-09
Position Start Date: January 2019
Position End Date: April 30, 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Javelin Sports built a mobile app that helps connect the busy individual with sports leagues/clubs and local pick-up games. We also offer team management software to different sports leagues in North America. We help leagues, pick-up teams, and individual players save time and effort for in a variety of ways. The app allows sports groups to message their teams, post game/practice schedules, track attendance, update scores/standings, and manage their rosters. These features increase player satisfaction by allowing them to seamlessly find the right sports team and all their game information in one app.
We have ambitious plans for continued growth. We are looking for people who are creative, flexible, and dedicated to helping us build something great – something that matters.
Javelin Business Development Team.
- Explore different business opportunities in the North America market
- Build and develop our sales pipeline
- Work closely with the marketing and product development team to improve our product and brand
- Remote work is allowed, but will be required to work at least 2 days in the office each week
Business Development Representative:
- Target new small to medium size sports leagues in Canada and USA
- Work to gain an understanding of our customer’s business needs
- Build strong sales pipelines and match prospective customers to Javelin’s team management solutions
- Use consultative selling techniques to figure out the best solution for customers
- This role will be working directly with the Co-Founder, Justin Ford, to develop different business
opportunities in the North America market and create a sustainable sales pipeline.
At Javelin Sports, our mission is to help small to medium size sports leagues excel. We are looking for someone who has the passion to help customers, eagerness to learn and the drive to create impacts in the company. With our culture of supporting personal development, you will receive candid feedback weekly to help you take timely corrective actions for your overall learning and development. You will be surrounded by different startups and a lot of innovators at our office, Yspace Markham.
Soft skills: Team player, problem solver, self-starter
Technical skills: Customer Relationship Management software (Preferred)
Area and Level of Study: Undergraduate, College, or Graduate
How to Apply: