Position Role: Support
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Edmonton, AB
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Fitset’s mission is to create cohesion in the fitness industry that supports studio’s in better accessing their market and inspires Canadians to live a more active and healthy lifestyle. Our digital platform gives subscribers access to over 100 local boutique fitness studios, community fitness facilities, world class climbing gyms, swimming pools and more. Founded early 2015, Fitset has rapidly gained traction in the Edmonton area and is ready to expand to Montreal next.
About the Role:
Fitset, a custom pass for people to discover, book and workout in studios and gyms around your City. We are growing in Edmonton and are now seeking a determined business development/project manager to help us execute our Q4 2018 and 2019 marketing and sales plans.
This role is a challenging but rewarding combination of business development, sales and project management.
The ideal candidate will already know how to manage client relationships and come up with creative solutions to address their concerns or objections. You are a people-person and interacting with others all day long is enjoyable for you. You are a negotiator, and you always look for ways to build deeper partnerships. You are comfortable with cold calling, presenting sales materials, and general business operations. You can manage an entire project from planning, to operations and execution and will be responsible for hitting Key Business Metrics related to the project. Your role will including securing new sponsorship for Fitset events, managing operations of these marketing events, building strategic partnerships with studio owners, non-profits and other local businesses and make sure they see incredible value in partnership with us.
Along with business development you will help lead grassroots marketing efforts to help build and engage a community of members and increasing brand awareness through channels you identify.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate Fitset Event Sponsorship by cold calling and strategic prospecting
- Fully manage operations of Fitset marketing events including, marketing, volunteer coordination, vendor management and other operational activities
- Build strong, long-term relationships with Fitset studio partners by engaging them in a meaningful way through our marketing events.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization or improvement
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Provide daily and weekly status and KPI reporting
- Be accountable to success of Fitset marketing projects.
- Highly organized individual with ability to prioritize and attention to detail
- Demonstrated sales experience
- A genuine curiosity about people and local businesses and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- A team player and comfortable with an ever-changing fast startup environment
- Resilience and an ability to overcome objections and obstacles with an openness to feedback, and dedication to consistent self improvement
- Positive and inventive attitude and a drive to win with friendly competition
- Technical experience in computer programs such as CRM systems, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
How to Apply: