Position Role: Sales
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
What You’ll Be Doing
Working in prospecting and building a pipeline of qualified leads to meet business plans, quotas, and company objectives. You will identify, research, and contact potential new customers to gain an understanding of their business needs and initiatives. The Lead Generation Specialist will be able to communicate with multiple representatives and identify the key decision makers and buying process within the target customer’s organization. After initiating a conversation with the decision maker, the incumbent will determine if the target customer presents new business opportunities and refer sales‐ ready leads to sales executives who will be responsible for completing the sales process. The Lead Generation Specialist will document and update the result of each call in a customer relationship management (“CRM”) database. Occasional travel, participation in tradeshows maybe required along with other assigned duties.
- Must have own computer and internet connectivity
- Excellent follow‐up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast‐paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM databases.
- Exceptional consultative phone skills, including the ability to clearly articulate, influence, overcome objections while remaining resilient throughout.
- Goal‐oriented, results‐driven with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency.
If you got a computer, internet connectivity and can make voice calls, you can work from the comfort of your own home.
Flexible hours. About three to four hours of the work day is open to your personal schedule. So long as the work gets done, enjoy the freedom of flexible hours.
How to Apply: