Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Markham, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-07-27
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
At Beyond Media, our purpose is to help make brick and mortar places more discoverable for people using immersive media. As an organization, we focus on virtual reality projects that improve conversion from digital channels for brick and mortar businesses. We build and launch 360° experiences to customers in education, health & wellness, hospitality and lodging, retail and dining. Earlier this year we launched a Software-as-a-Service product for building best-in-class virtual tour experiences that drive visitor engagement. Currently our focus is on go-to-market activities, and work is underway on 20 projects within our target industry sectors. The results we’re seeing on these projects is substantially higher user engagement with content, and stronger conversion metrics.
This is a unique opportunity to join an early stage startup with a team of creative and passionate individuals looking to make an impact on the digital marketing landscape. We’re an early stage startup working in the virtual reality space, and we use our product + expertise to help our customers convey their stories in a compelling way. Our customers depend on us to lead the creative process and provide suggestions that will engage the end user, by using new media technologies and approaches.
What can students expect in the workplace?
- Our values: empowerment, growth, and innovation.
- Our skills: we’re complete geeks when it comes to 360° content production and web design. We stop at nothing to craft memorable user experiences.
- Your input matters: everyone has a voice that is respected. We appreciate new ways of doing things, and new approaches to solving problems.
- Our team: experienced sales and marketing entrepreneurs, full stack developers, designers and content producers, who are enthusiastic about their craft and like to spread the knowledge.
This role is core to our content marketing and sales strategy. Your focus will be developing customer-focused content, writing about product design, feature releases, case studies and white papers, as well as some social media channel management. You will also be involved in deploying projects using the content management system we’ve developed in-house.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write marketing copy to promote our products and services, such as blog posts, case studies, and website copy
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication, submit work to editors for input and approval
- Develop and execute a social media content calendar
- Awareness of different media formats, and pairing appropriate media with text to tell a story
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
You’re excited about using immersive media formats like VR to tell stories, and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded creators. You’re enthusiastic about design and technology and strive to explore the convergence between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, project ownership and autonomy, and have a meaningful contribution to a software product and client work. You thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears as needed.
Area of study:
College or Undergraduate student in Business, Journalism or Graphic Design
Demonstrated understanding of concepts such as business writing, content marketing, social media, and storytelling
Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills when interacting with the team, partners, and customers
- Strong attention to detail, for visual design, typography, and interactivity
- Keep a user or customer-centric mindset in your content strategy
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Open to new tools and methodologies
- A portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples
How to Apply: