Position Role: Research
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-08-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: September 1, 2018
Position End Date: December 31, 2018
Trainer+ is a fitness management tool for gyms and trainers that changes how they deliver personal training through technology. The web and mobile platform closes the feedback loop between trainers and their clients around all of the relevant fitness information, creating new ways for fitness support to be delivered both in-person and online. This not only creates new services within fitness, but helps organizations extend their fitness services into new extended healthcare markets.
As a growing tech company, the learning opportunity at Trainer Plus is one to work in a fast paced, agile environment, where students will be asked to own an area of responsibility, but also contribute in other areas where needed. Students will have an opportunity to learn modern product development operations, how to manage their responsibilities with team tools, how to contribute and communicate in a team project, demonstrating work, product testing and user support. Given the nature of our software, students will also have an opportunity to learn about the fitness industry and work with a trainer on their own fitness program.
Students will be working with both the business and product development teams in producing content needed for the applications.
This position is focused on supporting the Trainer+ Enterprise platform. This is a version of the web and mobile platform that is aimed at fitness organizations and gyms. It consists of multiple mobile apps and a web app, along with exercise content and a website to support.
This role is focused on producing the video, animation and photo content needed in the Trainer+ application and managing the exercise database. You will work closely with the marketing team to understand the video needs for sales and in product, and help produce those videos. You will also be responsible for managing the exercise database, which includes updating media content, proofreading exercise details, and analysing usage data of exercises.
- Knowledge of video editing and production
- College or undergraduate student in video/media production
Technical Skills Required:
- Video editing and production (Final Cut, iMovie, or other editing suites)
- Knowledge of Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Ability to create other visual aspects needed in production
- Operating and setting up a camera, along with lighting for a green screen
Soft Skills Required:
- Experience working in agile environments
- Confident in learning new things and tenacious at solving problems
- A solid communicator willing to share what you’re doing and get input from others
- Able to continuously re-prioritize and adapt to change
How to Apply: