Position Role: Operations
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Contract duration: 17 weeks from November 2018
Location: 80 Sackville Street, Toronto, M5A3E5 & 341 King St E, Toronto, M5A 1L1
Number of hours per week: 30 hours Remuneration: hourly, 16$/hour + 4% vacation pay Number of positions: one (1)
*Please note that applicants must be enrolled full-time in post-secondary institutions, are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada; and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Voilà Learning is one of Canada’s leading Ed-Tech organizations specialized in language acquisition. Through an immersive 3D gamified environment, avatar-based the Virtual Campus provides a live environment to support students in their language learning.
The data scientist intern will be joining the team of developers (programers, 3D artists, UI/UX designers) as well as the pedagogical development team. Her/his responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the current data collection procedure;
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems;
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner;
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance;
- Taking on purposeful initiatives to improve data collection procedures and analysis.
Degree(s) required: currently enrolled full-time in a post-secondary institution in a Data science program, IT or Math program.
Relevant previous background/experience in some or all:
IT, data analysis or other computer science related skills.
Candidate qualities and skills
The Data Science Intern will have:
- An interest in virtual environments or video games;
- The ability to adapt quickly to evolving situations and deal with problems;
- Attention to detail, excellent initiative and organizational skills.
How to Apply: