Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2019-04-30
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program (SWP), which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: 6-May-2019
Position End Date: 30-August-2019
Stores world-wide are struggling to stay relevant in the digital age, and try as they may, many are losing foot traffic and sales. Instead of waiting for visitors, what if they could take their stores to ideal customers?
Beam.city is building a community of stores who use A.I. & Video to beam their products to customers in their city. With an emphasis on co-operative success, our turnkey platform makes it easy for them to pool their resources and gain digital dominance, so that local shoppers can find the millions of products available around them. We are the world’s first video-based shopping destination.
Imagine – Stores everywhere working together to make local shopping effortless. It’s shopping awesome.
Beam.city Marketing Team
Create and execute manual and automation supported marketing tasks including storyboards, campaigns and propagating the Beam.city brand to stores and communities around the city.
Role and Project Description:
The Digital Marketing intern is a quick-thinking, resourceful individual contributor responsible for advertising automation and digital marketing on the Beam.city team. The intern performs strategic advertising scripting, and makes marketing campaigns for the company.
The intern will build batch programs and automation rules to augment machine vision and speech recognition algorithms to perform automatic categorization, captioning, pricing and end-to-end ad creation, making our intelligence engine smarter. This work will be done with the software development team and CEO.
The intern will also perform storyboarding of campaigns, copywriting and standard digital marketing operations on social media, search and corporate settings, improving the chances of success of our retail clients.
The intern is super comfortable with technology and has a good understanding of word processing tools, online research and possess some graphics design capabilities.
- Design and build advertising assets
- Create advertising concepts and graphic content
- Write copy to support advertising campaigns
- Work with the CEO to define advertising standards
- Coordinate and execute internal and external events with the operations team
- Test and revise advertising to optimize performance
- Write batch scripts to automate copywriting and ad creation
- Design and support new computer-generated advertorial formats and concepts
- Define advertising automation rules and codify them into pseudo-code or scripts
Beam.city is a start-up with a strong learning and execution culture – we love getting things done! Work with go-getters and got-it-doners everyday. Our highly experienced and affable team of technologists and technology enthusiasts work together to solve big problems, and run great team happy hours almost every week. You get to build important things and see results right away, at the ground floor of what is a trillion dollar problem.
Paid holidays and personal time off make having a life-work balance possible. For some roles, working from home on an as-needed basis is a possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping them motivated. Got ideas? Share them. At this stage – you can have a large positive impact on trajectory, which will not be forgotten.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, technical skills, soft skills, etc.)
- Great written and verbal skills, and willingness to improve and excel
- Experience with a top tier graphics suite (Adobe Creative or other)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Drive suite of applications
- High interest in working in the technology sector
- Strong affinity for helping people – hobbies, past-experience or other compelling
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No corporate experience necessary, but some experience is an edge
Area and Level of Study
- 1st, 2nd or Junior Year undergraduates, or Grad-school students majoring in Technology, Business, Communications or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.1
How to Apply: