Position Role: Engineering
Position Level: Intermediate
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-07-24
Fibos is advancing the sensing industry by expanding the capabilities of transducers operating in extreme environments. Our patent-pending optical solution utilizes fiber optic sensors paired to an optical amplifier that can enable measurements at ultra-high temperatures (>1000°C) and also in nuclear and high electromagnetic environments. Fibos sensors can reach into places where data could not previously be collected. Fibos gas turbine combustion pressure transducers and rocket nozzle accelerometers provide customers with exciting insights into previously unmeasured phenomenon. Founded in 2016, Fibos is a young and dynamic company looking to expand its team with talented and motivated people.
Fibos has two core products; the Optical Gauge Sensor (OGS) and Optical Gauge Amplifier (OGA). The OGA is a custom optical signal conditioner conducting the interrogation of wavelength changes at the sensor to analog and digital signals to the user. The Electronics Designer will be an integral member of the development team responsible for the current and future OGA’s.
- Design of mixed-signal electronic systems, including analog, digital processing, RF and optical components
- Design of test fixtures and adapters
- Schematic entry and component evaluation
- Assist in the design and implementation of software architectures for embedded electronic systems
- Coordinate with software and mechanical engineers
- Coordinate and review PCB layout with subcontractors
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years electronics design experience; experience with optical components is considered an asset
- Electrical Engineering Degree or similar
- Prior experience with electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, data acquisition units
- Prior experience with optical test equipment would be an asset, including wavelength meters, spectrum analyzers, polarization controllers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-driven and independent
- Knowledge of mixed-signal, embedded systems
- Knowledge of data-acquisition design would be an asset
- Experience with the product life cycle from design to test and certification
- Knowledge of embedded software development (ARM-based) would be an asset
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Please reference job title in the subject line and attach a resume in PDF format.