Position Role: Engineering
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-07-27
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Taplytics (YC W14) is located in highly sought after King West neighbourhood of Toronto. We are an organization that focuses on A/B testing, analytics, push and the modern product strategies that go along with them.
While Taplytics has traditionally been a mobile-focused organization, we are expanding to new and innovative paradigms that will have you working in many languages and frameworks. Be at the core of what powers the product strategy for the likes of The Globe And Mail, Tinder, Indigo, Target, and many more.
What can you expect in the workplace?
Work in a flow that focuses on quality and growth. At Taplytics, we strive to have a healthy and modern approach to product development. As such we practice pair programming along with a unique agile flow that focuses on iterative feature development and delivery. Currently, we are on a weekly release cycle and striving to get tighter! We foster a culture of growth and sustainability, while still offering the opportunities to pursue large, challenging and impactful problems.
- Collaborate with our team to design, implement, build and maintain our mobile and server side SDKs.
Role Description (under 150 words):
- Write elegant yet strong code that will be at the core of our sdks.
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment.
- Create testing strategies.
- Take ownership of the the architecture, product backlog and timelines.
- Embrace the challenges of dealing with, building and maintaining sdks that power all of our client’s applications.
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously
- Undergraduate or graduate student in Computer Science, ECE, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with mobile and/or server side development.
- Good handle on testing strategies: Integration vs. Unit, mocking tools and strategies, continuous integration, etc.
Soft Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to design, implement, build and maintain our mobile and server SDKs.
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously.
Position Start Date: September 2018
Position End Date: December 2018
How to Apply: