Position Role: Engineering
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-04-30
NextGen Blockchain Technologies is focused on building the cryptocurrency intelligence platform of the future. Currently, cryptocurrency data is hard to trust, quantitative analysis is under-developed, and cryptoeconomics are not well understood. We’re building an intelligence platform that brings it all together to allow sophisticated investors make the best decisions.
As a company, we’ve already raised $4m in funding. We have a top notch understanding of cryptocurrencies, an open mind for adapting technologies and ideas, and a small tight-knit team that is dedicated to delivering the best insight into the cryptocurrency market.
As a co-op at NextGen, you’ll be leading the charge in developing our institutional intelligence platform. You’ll work with the co-founders to build the platform from the ground-up. In this particular role, you’ll be the owner and sole developer of a real-time cryptocurrency portfolio tracker that links to exchanges and offline wallets and integrates with our stack.
- You’re great at designing SPAs in a leading front-end framework like React.
- You possess a strong design aesthetic (if you have a portfolio we can look at, that’s a plus!)
- You have experience building modular server-side APIs.
- You’re familiar with functional programming techniques and ideas.
- You take ownership of your work, take initiative, and ask questions when you are lost.
- You’re tenacious: you learn a lot very quickly and you don’t give up until it works.
- You have experience with the “other parts” of building a modern web-app: authentication/authorization, security, deployment, monitoring, and integration with AWS.
- You’re interested or curious about cryptocurrencies and blockchain
A typical day looks like:
- Writing code shoulder-to-shoulder with the co-founders
- Two to three meals with the whole team
- Debates on the future of the blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Research talks about different cryptocurrencies and their viability
Nice-to-haves, but not necessary:
- Experience with Scala or another functional-focused programming language
- Technical knowledge of how cryptocurrencies work under the hood
Please not that applicants must be returning to school in Fall of 2018 as this position only open to current undergraduates.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Please email your resume with subject Full Stack Developer Co-op