Position Role: Development
Position Level: Experienced
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-06-30
Based in Toronto, Fortran Traffic Systems Limited is a leader in the North American traffic industry and at the forefront of innovation in intelligent transportation management systems. With the arrival of transportation technologies such as Connected Vehicle/Automated Vehicle (CVAV) and Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X), Fortran is advancing its platforms to harness the multitude of benefits that these emerging technologies can provide to road operators and traffic management agencies. Fortran offers a challenging environment, rich in R&D, that fosters creativity and rewards excellence.
The Full Stack Developer will be entrusted to develop cutting-edge software solutions for the next-generation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) designed and produced by Fortran.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a team developing high performance and sustainable V2X and ITS systems. Responsibilities include:
- Utilizing quality focused software development practices and standards to develop full stack software solutions
- Performing detailed analysis, design, unit-level code development, software integration and testing
- Analyzing complex functions, procedures and problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions that meets the specified requirements
- Conducting / participating in design and code reviews, identifying potential problems and performance issues, providing feedback and corrections and evaluating code compliance to standards
- Preparation of application operational / procedural documentation for users and technical support staff
Extensive experience and working knowledge in the following areas:
- Web-based front-end application framework and web-based UI programming
- Full understanding of web development languages and technologies such as HTML, CSS, JavasScript/jQuery and NodeJS
- SQL and NoSQL experience including (PostgresDB/PostGIS and MongoDB)
- C++ back-end programming
- Linux (or Unix) environment Operating systems principles and communication protocols
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, focused and persistent with the ability to work to the plan and meet delivery dates
- Excellent problem solver and quick learner
Further consideration will be given to candidates that possess:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Machine Learning, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence)
- Real-time software development experience
- Native mobile app development (Android or iOS)
- Agile / Scrum experience
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Forward resume and briefly outline why you believe you are a great fit.