Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Other
Position Location: Toronto (GTA)
Application Deadline: 2018-08-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Web Developer (Multiple Opportunities)
pranga is a Canadian company that’s changing the business of cufflinks. Our innovative patent-pending cufflink allows wearers to easily and quickly change their look by simply replacing the decorative elements called ankers. pranga is doing for cufflinks, what Pandora Jewelry did the for charm bracelets. Not only are our cufflinks and ankers innovative, beautiful and cool, they are environmentally responsible by helping reduce the resources required for sustaining cufflink fashion.
What You’ll Be Doing
We love our Shopify store and we want you to help us make it better for our clients. We want some custom apps for our store and we’ll need you to work with others gathering requirements. You’ll code using existing templates ensuring that everything is 100% compatible. Documentation is important and you’ll create a repository of knowledge so other developers can understand your work when we added them to the team. You’ll perform code review before deployment and provide technical review and feedback staff.
- Must have own computer and internet connectivity
- Working fluency in English
- Currently registered as a full-time student in Canadian post-secondary education institution;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- One year of web development experience
- Shopify experience ideal, but not necessary
- Experience in Shopify Theme development or similar templates
- Working knowledge in Custom Shopify APP development or similar development background
- Ideally knowledgeable in Liquid template language and/or Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge in AJAX/JQuery
- Usage of theme kit or similar code push methodology experience
- Experience working with Jira is nice to have.
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage their time
- Work from home! If you got a computer, internet connectivity and can make voice calls, you can work from the comfort of your own home.
- Flexible hours. You’ve got a life, but for the most part, so long as you can give us seven hour each work day we’re good. There will be regularly schedule status calls which you’ll attend and participate. So long as the work gets done, enjoy the freedom of flexible hours.
pranga is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to Apply: