Position Role: Operations
Position Level: Intermediate
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-06-30
Verto is looking for a talented IT Operations Support Analyst to assist with supporting and managing IT Operations. We are a small software development company with a history of creating successful web-based applications for the retail and healthcare sectors. The selected candidate will be a part of diverse, inclusive and a growing team where you will have an opportunity to make an impact and take your career to the next level. This is your opportunity to be a part of a company that is being built from the ground up and you can help us play a key role in its future success.
About this role:
The IT Operations Support Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the performance obligations of all Verto computing systems. The position will require working with advanced technologies and a number of team members from development and project management teams. The right individual will have detailed understanding of managing and supporting infrastructure, network tools, service and application layer tools and web based applications in a cloud environment.
What you will do:
- Tool admin work includes monitoring, daily health checks, patching and upkeep, responding to incidents and managing recovery, maintaining high availability, etc.
- Maintain relevant security and other controls for all Verto Systems including logical access.
- Participate in projects and program initiatives as technical SME in the areas of desktop computing, configuration and equipment set up, images and software installations, support and productivity tools, monitoring and automated updates.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades, participating in release management planning.
- Deployment and performance analysis of new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Ensure ITIL practices are adhered to at all times.
- Troubleshoot all Tier 1 and 2 issues.
- Perform regular system backups and periodically test recovery.
- Scripting/automating tasks and procedures.
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Monitor production batch processing, workflows, etc. for successful completion.
- Analyze day-to-day functions and processes of software, database and server resources to ensure they are performing within predetermined guidelines, limits, and specifications.
- Identify and resolve operating system issues in order to maintain services, enhance capabilities, and prevent system outages.
- Responsible for all JIRA, G-Suite, Office 365 and other collaborative cloud platforms administration and configuration activities.
- Maintain and update operational documentation Wikis.
- Supporting and participating in client and regulatory control audits including security audits.
What you will bring:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Technology and three to five (3-5) years related work experience- Experience in the operation and analysis of hardware, software, and standards.- Cloud based technology administration and support experience is preferred.
- Intermediate skills and current experience with some/all of the following:
- RHEL and Windows Server OS
- Ruby on Rails web framework
- Nginx and Tomcat middleware
- WordPress instances (PHP, HTML, CSS)
- Administration/hands-on experience with some/all of the following:
- Office 365/G-Suite
- JIRA Service Desk
- Enterprise Cloud authentication platform
- Enterprise Cloud AV Solutions
- Hands on experience in some/all of the following:
- OS Imaging/Deployment
- Software/Application packaging
- Script writing
- Database scripts
- Configuration files
- Patch management (Software/Server OS Update)
- Familiarity and practical application of cyber security fundamentals and ITIL practices in the areas of Incident, Problem, Change, Release, and Asset Management.- Experience supporting Apple products (MacOS) in an enterprise environment and mobile apps would be an asset.- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills.- Excellent written and oral communication skills.- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.- Flexibility to react quickly to changing business conditions.- Highly self motivated and directed.- Strong customer service orientation.- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.- Strong sense of community and teamwork.- Proactive, highly productive and willing to learn and adapt.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Please quote "IT Operations Support Analyst" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks. Our background checks includes criminal, education, and employment checks. Verto Inc. is committed to equity in the workplace.