Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-08-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Position Start Date: September 2018
Position End Date: December 2018
Startuptive is a startup space, which focuses on revamping or innovating current day businesses and consumer operations and technologies, to make them future ready. Startuptive does this by bringing together talent and resources who share similar synergies to co-develop.
Engineering Design & Implementation
The ED&I team works on designing and building software and/or hardware technologies. As a team member, you are at the forefront of using your technical skills in a real business environment, where you will need to understand the strategy, and then execute on it through practical means in respect to your technical skills.
The work is initiated with a problem faced by a business or a consumer, which requires research into the technical problem, proposed solution options, prototype or concept building, and finally executing on scaling.
The project consists of supporting a large enterprise client who is developing a new cloud-based verification and scanning system. The stakeholders include private entities, vendors and government agencies. The project is in the design phase where a logical flow and use case is required to be built initially. Subsequently, the client would require a Dev based testing application to further analyze and build on the requirements.
The student will be helping the senior developers in managing a large enterprise client with the development of a use case, developing and documenting logic flow, setting up the infrastructure environment and coding and testing components of the application.
The student will assist senior developers and hardware specialist with:
- Research & Development
- Coding segmentations of program
- Coding for a prototype
- Code testing
- Setting up and maintaining hardware infrastructure
- Basic project management
- Must have good understanding of a programming language, with provable situations where programming principles have been applied to project or a “real-life” situation
- Ability to listen, observe, assess and then act
- Provide insight and ideas
- Project management and time management skills
Area of Study: Open to college, undergraduate and graduate students
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- An Engineering program with programming skills
- Any discipline with provable programming skills
Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum of knowing one programming language required. For example; Java, .NET, C#, Swift
- Understanding of software development methodologies and frameworks
- Some front-end development experiences an asset (HTML5, Angular JS, jQuery, PHP, etc.)
- Understanding of designing relational databases an asset
- Hands on experience with Windows / Linux servers an asset
- School projects are acceptable form of experience
Soft Skills Required:
- Reasonable communications / interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen, observer and provide practical insights
- Focused on the task
- Team spirit
How to Apply: