Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
About the company
Supports Health is a fresh startup changing the landscape of mental health care. If you’re a hustler, a changemaker, or just really good at what you do and are looking for a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Some milestones of the company so far – We’re funded by the federal, provincial and London municipal governments, alumni of the Next36 program and the Ontario Brain Institute, and conducting research McGill University. Our advisory board includes senior executives from Scotiabank, Manulife and The Cooperators.
Marketing Strategy Intern
The Marketing Strategy Intern will be responsible for supporting marketing efforts across our core marketing channels of social media, digital advertising and community partnerships. They will also work closely with product development to provide customer insights and ensure customer centricity remains at the core of our products and services. As the intern successfully supports these tasks, they will be given the opportunity to take responsibility for them independently.
What you’ll do:
- Social media management: Support cross-platform social media posting, engagement, analysis and strategy. They will actively seek out and write relevant content to share and integrate it into the existing social media plan. They will support the maintenance and planning of social media on Hootesuite, and use Hootesuite and social analytics (Facebook, Google, etc) to analyze results and make recommendations as to social media strategy.
- Media and content design: Leverage Adobe Suite and other digital tools to create physical and digital marketing collateral to appeal to multiple audiences (e.g. partners, institutional customers, investors, and of course caregivers themselves).
- Consumer analysis: Collaborate with other interns to conduct an ongoing consumer analysis study comprised of both primary and secondary research over the course of the internship. At the beginning of the internship, the intern team will meet with the CEO to create a research plan. The interns will then execute the research plan with weekly progress meetings with the CEO.
- Partnership development: Reach out, establish and maintain relationships with core healthcare actors across Ontario, record all relevant work in Supports Health’s CRM, and work with the product and tech teams to leverage these relationships where beneficial. Example healthcare actors include but are not limited to CAMH, regional CMHAs, psychologists and psychiatrists, not-for-profit organizations and researchers.
- Market research and analysis: Stay up-to-date on industry research and consumer analysis, and create a weekly briefing for the Supports Health executive team. As needed, conduct additional research to resolve specific questions posed by either the intern or the executive team.
What you’ll bring:
- Social media expert – both organic and paid
- Know how to segment, research and analyze a market
- Ability to manage multiple work streams at once
- Experience making beautiful designs in Photoshop or Illustrator
- Guru in managing large groups of stakeholders with softwares like Hootesuite, MailChimp and Salesforce
- You are highly autonomous and adaptable, simply put, you get things done.
- When you see an opportunity to create value and you jump on it, regardless of whether it’s “in your job description”
- You’re a highly collaborative person that feels excited by working in an environment that scales at the speed of light.
How to Apply: