Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Markham, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Moregidge is at the forefront of the financial services industry and we are reinventing the digital mortgage experience.
Our digital mortgage platform enables brokers to connect and collaborate with clients from application submission to closing. We help simplify the process of obtaining a mortgage for Canadians, and that’s what makes our team proud of what we do.
At Moregidge, the Marketing team is an indispensable pillar of our growth and success. Join our team of highly energetic and passionate individuals to help shape the future of the financial ecosystem in Canada.
Here’s what your responsibilities would look like:
- Manage the brand, execute against the national marketing direction, and establish community guidelines
- Build Moregidge’s presence as a voice in the Financial Services/Mortgage industry by developing industry reports and educational content
- Manage Moregidge’s content strategy (blog posts, podcasts, etc.) and produce marketing/communications materials
- Manage and grow Moregidge’s online audience across our various platforms (social media, newsletter, etc.)
- Manage third-party marketing agency relationships and provide direction where necessary
- Write, post, monitor and report on social media activity (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Manage Moregidge’s e-mail marketing outreach program
- Do market research, compile and prepare a variety of reports and presentations for conferences, meetings, etc.
- Use good judgment to screen, prioritize and determine actions for incoming emails/inquiries
- Other marketing-related or ops-related tasks as they come up
Interested? This is kind of person we’re looking for:
- Currently enrolled in a Business, Journalism, Communications or Marketing program
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role
- You are known for your strong writing skills and exceptional attention to detail
- You are a problem solver and fast learner who can identify problems, come up with solutions and execute them in fast-paced environments
- You have excellent project management skills and a track record of delivering results
- You have experience planning, writing, editing and promoting content across various platforms
- You are data-driven, with the ability to analyze, test and optimize strategies
- You are motivated by the idea of finding new and creative ways to grow and engage a niche community
- You are passionate about technology and the power of entrepreneurship to shape the future
- You are known for your exceptional organization, follow-through and hustle
Bonus points if you:
- Are bilingual (French/English)
- You have a strong social media presence on Twitter and other social networks (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Quora)
- Have pushed your own marketing projects to completion
- Have experience with influencer marketing / graphic design / video production
- Have a good knowledge of the Canadian startup ecosystem
How to Apply: