Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Off2Class is a software toolkit for English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers and schools. We provide content to teach lessons paired with a student management system in a SaaS format to teachers working online, in person and in classrooms, across 85 countries. Our clients include private tutors, K12 schools, higher education institutions, private language institutes and NGOs.
Off2Class is adding an intern to our sales & marketing team. The intern will work directly with the co-founder on designing and implementing a data driven, scalable model for user acquisition, retention and ultimately, growth. This role will encapsulate a data driven approach to marketing.
We are fun and dynamic team. You will be working directly with the co-founder of the company. Expect to be mentored directly by our co-founder and push your ideas into practice, within your first weeks of work. You will be working out of the Ryerson DMZ in the heart of downtown Toronto, surrounded by startup activity and energy.
You will be developing a data-drive approach to measure and optimize our various acquisition channels. First, you’ll analyze all existing data, then you’ll design KPI dashboards and analytical reporting so we can ultimately determine the profitability of various channels and use the data to drive our growth plan.
- Preparation of data dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives (including selection and design of KPIs)
- Generating analytical reports to track and monitor key user data
- Consolidated reporting of data related to marketing initiatives, to assess suitability and ultimately, profitability of various channels
- A/B testing of all marketing campaigns, to continually optimize conversion results for future campaigns
- Measurement (by customer segment) of lifetime value (LTV) and analysis vs. customer acquisition costs (CAC)
- Continued management and optimization of user acquisition channels
Undertaking Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business/Commerce, Statistics
We are looking for attitude and drive over experience. Your experience does not need to include formal work postings. We are happy to accept personal projects and creative works, as representations of your skills and abilities.
Technical Skills Required:
- Ability to work with large data sets (e.g. Microsoft Excel and Access) and perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Understanding of key SaaS economic measurements (e.g. LTV, CAC, Retention) and apply them to your analysis
- Proficient understanding of Google Analytics
- Ability to create financial projections and models a plus
Soft Skills Required:
We are looking for someone with a willingness to learn and a passion for data and analysis over experience. While we value attitude over experience, the successful candidate will be meticulous and thorough, without being a perfectionist. Above all, you must be comfortable with large data sets and have the ability to synthesize large volumes of data to extrapolate key findings.
How to Apply: