Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we’re part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can stop fighting software and get back to doing their best work.
Love business and marketing? Looking for work in an exciting growing company? Then you’ve come to the right place! Vena’s Business Marketing Intern role provides college and university students an opportunity to work with one of the top tech companies in Canada! You will apply subjects and skills learned in school to exciting real-world applications. We don’t just work hard, we also want you to have fun!
Candidates selected for the Vena student work program will have many opportunities to learn and enrich their skills. This includes both formal training on our solution and the SaaS technology marketplace, and informal training in the form of peer learning and mentorship. Every employee receives basic Vena training upon their start date. There will also be opportunities to shadow with senior members of the team in various disciplines covering the spectrum of marketing activities; including content creation, digital marketing and overall marketing strategy. The goal is to ensure that students leave with knowledge and expertise that can assist them in their career endeavours, and more importantly want to return to Vena as full-time employees upon completion of their studies.
The Marketing Intern will gain valuable marketing experience and learn marketing processes at a cloud-based SaaS company, through working with Vena Solutions world class Marketing team.
The overall scope of your activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assist with content initiatives including copywriting and graphic design.
- Assist the marketing department in posting content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Assist with webinars and marketing campaigns.
- Support the marketing team in regards to marketing leads and outbound activities.
- General marketing related tasks including assisting with SWAG, events and reporting.
- Capturing, cleaning and appending marketing & sales data.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Research skills using social media (LinkedIn) and Salesforce CRM
- Analytical mindset
- Team player
- Hungry to learn and grow with our team
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with customer service is a plus
How to Apply: