Position Role: Support
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
About the company
Supports Health is a fresh startup changing the landscape of mental health care. If you’re a hustler, a changemaker, or just really good at what you do and are looking for a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Some milestones of the company so far – We’re funded by the federal and London municipal governments, graduates of the Western Accelerator Program and participants in the Next36 program, and our advisory board includes senior executives from Scotiabank, Manulife and The Cooperators.
Mental Health Analyst Intern
The Mental Health Analyst Intern will be responsible for discovering, developing, organizing and sharing thought leadership for mental health. They will work with the founding team to establish Supports Health as a leader in depression, anxiety and caregiver support in Canada. Their day will be split between learning through research, content development, and collaboration with Supports Health’s product, marketing and strategy team. Because the work of the Mental Health Analyst Intern is broad and ongoing, at the beginning of the internship, and each month following, the intern will meet with the CEO to create (and then revise) a clear workplan and objectives for the month.
What you’ll do:
- Research and analysis: Conduct primary research through caregiver and expert interviews, and seek out secondary research from journals, books and other evidence-based sources. The intern will then be responsible for analyzing and summarizing each piece of research for future use, and observing comparisons and trends between studies. This information will be used for the below tasks, and by other teams within Supports Health. At the beginning of the internship, the intern will meet with the CEO to create a research plan. The interns will then execute the research plan with weekly progress meetings with the CEO.
- Education content development: Work with Supports Health’s Product Lead to develop educational content for our caregiver community across mediums. They will both build new workshop material in the form of Powerpoint slides and self-use manuals, and easy to digest educational content for the Supports Health mobile app.
- Thought leadership creation: Become an expert in depression, anxiety and caregiving, and share that expertise with the world. The intern will create and publish blog articles, infographics, and journal pieces, leveraging the knowledge they’ve acquired through their own research and analysis, as well as the knowledge already resting with Supports Health
- Product development: Leverage your knowledge, ideas and creativity to support our product development. The intern will collaborate with other interns, and Supports Health’s Executive Team in the development of our workshops, mobile application and other products. They will give their opinion on both the content, and other aspects including user experience, marketing, and PR.
What you’ll bring:
- Background in mental health (degree, work or volunteer experience)
- Both creative and technical writing capabilities
- Experience reading through research papers quickly to pull out salient points
- Experience creating social media, web and app copyright
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
- Microsoft Office and Google docs skills
- You are highly autonomous and adaptable, simply put, you get things done.
- When you see an opportunity to create value and you jump on it, regardless of whether it’s “in your job description”
- You’re a highly collaborative person that feels excited by working in an environment that scales at the speed of light.
How to Apply: