Position Role: Operations
Position Level: Executive
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-08-31
When you join NRStor, you become an integral and valued part of a pioneer and market leader in developing energy storage technologies. Founded in 2012, as a project developer, we partner with progressive stakeholders and leading energy storage technology providers to build, own, and operate commercial energy storage projects.
Led by Annette Verschuren O.C., NRStor’s CEO and Chair, our management team brings extensive experience in creating and delivering innovative solutions to the energy industry. Each and every member of the team represent the spirit of the company. Our reputation is built on a foundation of trust, integrity, and meaningful relationships.
Our business segments include: 1) Utility Contracts; 2) Residential Storage, through our subsidiary M Power; 3) Remote Communities; and 4) Commercial & Industrial customer storage through NRStor C&I.
For more information on NRStor, please visit http://nrstor.com
NRStor C&I is focused on commissioning tailored behind-the-meter battery storage projects at commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities with an objective of reducing their electricity cost without impacting their carbon footprint. NRStor C&I provides energy storage as a service under a turn-key build, own, and operate business model where no-capital outlay is required from the customer.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Operations Director to provide overall operational direction to all NRStor C&I customers’ energy storage assets in Ontario – to realize the full value of the assets.
This is an opportunity to create and deliver the best control systems for energy storage battery assets that operate for commercial and industrial users in applications such as peak-shaving, price arbitrage, demand response, grid frequency regulation and backup power.
The Operations Director will be responsible for the set-up of control monitoring facilities as well as the ongoing day to day operational management of all C&I battery storage projects with the goal of enhancing operational performance and profitability.
- Manage mission-critical control monitoring facilities and infrastructure operations 24/7/365
- Direct and fully operate all remote commercial & industrial energy storage assets under NRStor C&I’s management to ensure and enhance operational performance
- Build and lead a team of operations support staff with full oversight on control room activities
- Work closely with all stakeholder groups to manage the customer relationship
- Manage contractual obligations for customers and vendors, and ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- Use and create tools for the analysis and tracking of battery storage facilities, and manage improvements to enhance the efficiency of all operated assets under management
- Generate and implement new and innovative strategies to capture additional revenue streams and further monetize on the value of deployed assets
- Effectively oversee the monitoring of the physical and cyber security of all remote energy storage infrastructure and control room systems
- Verify the correct operation of control rooms, and be proactive in managing the detection of any discrepancies or critical conditions
- Maintain and continuously update a business and disaster recovery plan to protect the control room in the event of any service interruption
- Direct process improvement efforts, and identify opportunities for the further growth and optimization of all assets under management
- Produce operational reports for both internal and customer use as required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics or equivalent experience in an appropriate technical field
- 7+ years relevant control room experience with experience in energy storage, power generation, distribution or transmission highly regarded
- Power trading experience with a track record of success
- Strong technical knowledge of the Ontario electricity market
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot assigned systems and equipment
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Collaborative team-player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours/ overtime
At NRStor we offer:
- A dynamic team and work environment
- An opportunity to learn the business from the ground-up with an industry leader
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development
- A competitive compensation package
- An innovative culture
- Flexibility and autonomy
NRStor is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply: